Sunday, December 11, 2016

Be still, and know I am God

We are going to __??__  (fyi: the envelope is still in the mail.)

This scripture flooded my mind and it brought peace, “Be still, and know that I am God.” Psalms 46:10.

Someone asked “why don’t you just have Greg tell you?” or “you’re being so stubborn,” and “you are nuts, find out already!”

Tonight, we had our family dinner and Greg made an announcement. Yeah, the announcement of the big mystery of where we are called to serve. We felt it was important to not keep me or the family in suspense. We felt it important to start to prepare for what we need to learn or do.

I have so many questions. English speaking …  cold … warm … safe … internet …  ?

I wanted Africa, or Australia, or “anywhere you want to send us.” What I heard shocked me. I don’t know anything about this place. I had to look it up on Google maps. Greg kindly reminds me to say “I get to” so I get to learn another language, I get to learn the metric system, I get to learn a new culture, I get to dress warmly year round, and I get to travel on a plane for many hours.

What great blessings. I will do whatever is required of me and give it my best efforts. I have come to believe where we are going is exactly where the Lord needs us at this time.

I am so excited for this great new adventure in our lives. We have lots to do and lots to learn. “Be still, and know I am God.”

We report May 15, 2016 at the Mission Training Center(MTC). We are called to serve as Humanitarian missionaries in the Czech-Slovak mission . If you missed it … Czech Republic and Slovakia formerly known as Czechoslovakia.

No comments:

Post a Comment